We work hard to keep things simple and to take good care of you. Details are helpful though, so we’ve pulled together the following information to help you be informed and ready. Here are answers to our most frequently asked questions, so you can have the smoothest Front Conference experience possible.
- What are the ticket pricing details?
- Front UX & Product Management Case Study Conference full conference passes are $500 (30% off) until 31 March 2018. Standard price Front UX & Product Management Case Study Conference full conference passes are $700. This includes all meals, courses, and activities.
- Do you offer group pricing?
- We offer group discounts for teams. We want you to come learn and practice together. You will need to register all attendees at the same time to receive the discount. Teams of 5-10 will receive 5% off. Teams of 10 or more will receive 10% off.
- May I pay by invoice?
- We're sorry, but we only accept payment by debit or credit card.
- Who should attend Front?
- Front UX & Product Management Case Study Conference is designed for product teams. While focused specifically on UX, Product Management, research, and leadership, anyone involved in digital product discovery and delivery is encouraged to attend and will leave with a wealth of insights. The talks cover a range between basic and advanced topics, providing valuable inspiration and fresh ideas to both students and seasoned professionals.
- What is the conference cancellation policy?
- All sales are final. Tickets may not be sold.
- Can I transfer my conference pass to a colleague if I am unable to attend?
- Tickets may be transferred to someone else until two weeks before the event. Sponsorship, press, or complimentary passes may not be transferred.
- Do you offer discounts for students?
- Attendees are eligible for the student discount if they are enrolled full-time in a college or university undergraduate program and not working full-time.
- Where do I pick up my registration badge?
- You can pick-up your badge at the registration desk, located on the lower level of the Eccles Theater Grand Lobby on Thursday, 31 May 2018, between 7:30 - 9:00 AM.
- Is there an age requirement for the event?
- Attendees must be 21 years or older.
Hotel and Transportation
- How do I book lodging? Is there a discount and what is the deadline?
- We have acquired a discounted nightly rate of $179/night + tax for a single king or two queens beds, at the Salt Lake City Marriott City Center. The rate is available for stays between 30 May - 2 June 2018. The deadline for booking lodging at the discounted rate is 9 May 2018. We encourage you to register early as it the hotel will likely sell out before that date. Book your room online or by calling 801. 961.8700 and asking for the “Front” group discount. The hotel is a block and a half (5 minute walk) from the theater.
- Are there other hotels recommended?
- We highly recommend the Salt Lake City Marriott City Center, as we have arranged a discounted rate and because of the proximity to the venue. That said, the Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek, Hotel Monaco, Hilton Salt Lake City Center are also close to the venue and are also good options.
- Can I cancel my hotel reservation if I am unable to attend?
- A Deposit equal to two (2) night’s stay is required to hold each individual’s reservation, with final payment due thirty (30) days prior to arrival. Reservations made within thirty (30) days of arrival will be required to be paid in full at time of booking. Such deposit shall serve to confirm the reservation for the date(s) indicated. This deposit is refundable if notice of cancellation is received at least thirty (30) days prior to arrival and a cancellation number is obtained. All deposits shall be charged at the time the reservation is made. No refunds for late arrivals, early departures or down grades.
- What forms of payment are accepted at Salt Lake City Marriott City Center?
- American dollars, American Express, Mastercard and Visa are all accepted forms of payment.
- Is there parking at or near the host hotel?
- Yes, on-site parking for $4/hour or $17/day and valet parking for $22/day.
- Is there parking at or near the theater?
- The Regent Street Garage is the preferred parking location for the Eccles Theater, but there are several other parking options nearby. If you choose to park at the Regent Street Garage (55 East 200 South) you may access Regent Street between 100 and 200 South between State and Main Street, or via Orpheum Avenue from State Street. Secondarily, we recommend Gallivan Center and City Creek Shopping Center.
- What's the best way to get to the hotel and venue?
- Your best option for getting to and from the conference is the UTA TRAX light rail system. The Green Line departs every 15 minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport and is a 26 minute ride to Eccles Theater (City Creek Station, 1 block away).
Additional conference information
- Where do I found out who is speaking?
- Information about who is teaching courses and Front Salt Lake City can be found at www.frontutah.com/conference/speakers. To find out when individual speakers will be speaking, visit the talks page at www.frontutah.com/conference/talks.
- What is the schedule?
- You can find the Full Conference schedule at www.frontutah.com/conference/schedule.
- What is the conference attire?
- Attendee attire is typically anywhere between casual and business casual. T-shirts and sneakers are perfectly acceptable.
- Can I get a list of confirmed event registrants?
- We’re sorry, but due to privacy laws, we are unable to provide an attendee list.
- Are meals included in the cost of registration?
- A Full Conference Pass covers your breakfast and break time snacks. Lunch is not provided.
- Are specialty dietary requirements accommodated with the meals at the event?
- Vegetarian options will be provided during each meal.
Sponsors and volunteering
- How do I become a Front sponsors?
- Please contact Wade Shearer for information about sponsorship opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801.368.1971.
- How do I become a Front volunteer?
- To learn more about volunteer opportunities at Front Salt Lake City, please contact Andrew Branch at email@example.com or (801) 885-9206.
Salt Lake City weather and attractions
- What is the weather like in Salt Lake City at the end May?
- Salt Lake City enjoys plenty of warm weather weather during May. This is one of the rainier months of the year here, but with the dry climate, the amount of rainfall is minimal. In most years, the average daily maximum temperature in May is between 68 and 76 degrees Fahrenheit (20 to 24 degrees Celsius). The minimum temperature usually falls between 45 and 50 °F (7 to 10 °C).
- What are the local restaurants, attractions, and entertainment in and around the event?
- The Eccles Theater is right in the middle of downtown Salt Lake City. There's a wealth of great destinations for food and fun, especially along Main Street. While the options are too great to list here, we suggest finding more information the city’s official visitors’ website: www.visitsaltlake.com.
Join us at the Front!
In 2017, Front Salt Lake City sold out with 650 attendees from 4 countries and 29 states across the US. Join us at the Front to share, learn, and be inspired to create amazing products.