We work hard to keep things simple and to take good care of you. Details are helpful though, so we’ve pulled together the following information to help you be informed and ready. Here are answers to our most frequently asked questions, so you can have the smoothest Front experience possible.
- What are the ticket pricing details?
- Front UX & Product Management Workshop Series "Full Workshop Series" passes are $1,349 (25% off) through 11 September 2021. Standard price Front UX & Product Management Workshop Series passes are $1,799. This includes all meals, courses, and activities.
- Do you offer group pricing?
- We offer group discounts for teams. We want you to come learn and practice together. You will need to register all attendees at the same time to receive the discount. Teams of 3-5 will receive 10% off. Teams of 6+ will receive 20% off.
- Who should attend Front?
- Front UX & Product Management Workshop Series is designed for product teams. While focused specifically on UX, product management, research, and leadership, anyone involved in product discovery, delivery, is encouraged to attend and will leave with a wealth of insights and skills. The courses cover the range between basic and advanced topics, providing valuable training to both students and seasoned professionals.
- Can I change the name or other details on my tickets?
- Yes, but only the person who purchased the ticket can make these changes. Simply long into Eventbrite and follow these instructions. You are free to change your ticket details up to 3 days before the event, including name, title, etc. Please make sure these details are correct as they will be what we show on your badge. If you can’t reach the person who purchased the ticket in order to get them to change the information, please contact us at email@example.com and we will help you make the updates.
- Can I transfer my conference pass to a colleague if I am unable to attend?
- Yes, by changing your name and information to someone else, following the process described above. Tickets may not be sold.
- Can I get a refund?
- We offer a full refund up to one month before the conference. Simply log into Eventbrite and following these instructions. As with changes, only the person who purchased the tickets can request a refund.
- Do you offer discounts for students?
- Attendees are eligible for the student discount of 50% off if they are enrolled full-time in a college or university undergraduate program and not working full-time.
- Where do I pick up my registration badge?
- You can pick-up your badge at the registration desk, located in first floor lobby on Wednesday, 8 November 2021 between 5:00-7:00 PM or Thursday morning, 9 November 2021, between 7:30-8:30 AM.
- Is there an age requirement for the event?
- No, the environment and content is suitable for anyone of any age.
Hotel and Transportation
- How do I book lodging? Is there a discount and what is the deadline?
- We have acquired discounted nightly rates, for a single king bed, of $145/night + tax at the Salt Lake City Marriott University Park. The discount rate is available for stays between 7-11 November 2021 and must be booked before Monday, 18 October 2021. We encourage you to book early as it the hotel will likely sell out before that date. Book your room online or by calling 800.228.9290 and asking for the “Front conference” group discount. The hotel is half a block South of the conference center.
- Can I cancel my hotel reservation if I am unable to attend?
- Each room must be secured with a valid credit card, along with a first night's deposit, refundable up to 24 hours in advance of arrival. Rooms cancelled for any reason less than 24 hours in advance will incur an individual cancellation fee equal to one night's room rate plus applicable tax.
- Is there parking at or near Salt Lake City Marriott University Park?
- Yes, there is ample on-site free parking.
- Are there other hotels you recommend?
- We highly recommend the Hilton Salt Lake City Center, as we have arranged the discounted rate and because of the proximity to the venue. That said, the University Guest House Hotel & Conference Center is also close and has reasonable rates. If you'd prefer to stay downtown, we recommend the Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek, Salt Lake City Marriott City Center, and Hilton Salt Lake City Center.
- What's the best way to get to the venue?
- The fastest option for getting to and from the conference is by car (Uber, Lyft, or rental). UTA TRAX, Salt Lake City's light rail system, is also a great option. Trains run directly from Salt Lake City International Airport and the venue, and depart every 15 minutes.
- Is there parking at the venue?
- Yes, free parking will be provided to attendees in the parking lot immediately North of the venue.
Additional conference information
- What safety precautions will be implemented regarding the COVID pandemic?
- We will continue to closely follow the recommendations and guidelines of the CDC and Utah Health Department and implement the necessary protocols to ensure the safety and comfort of all attendees, speakers, sponsors, and staff. We have not yet ruled out the use of masks, social distancing, and temperature checks, but anticipate we will be in a place where fewer restrictions are required in September. We will not ask for proof of vaccination, but highly encourage all attendees to be fully vaccinated prior to the event. Updates will be provided as we get closer to the conference.
- Where do I found out who is teaching?
- Information about who is teaching courses and Front UX & Product Management Workshop Series can be found at www.frontutah.com/workshops/instructors. To find out when individual instructors will be teaching, visit the courses page at www.frontutah.com/workshops/courses.
- What is the schedule?
- You can find the full workshop series schedule at www.frontutah.com/workshops/schedule.
- What is the conference attire?
- Attendee attire is typically anywhere between casual and business casual. T-shirts and sneakers are perfectly acceptable.
- Can I get a list of confirmed event registrants?
- We’re sorry, but due to privacy laws, we are unable to provide an attendee list.
- Are meals included in the cost of registration?
- A Full Workshop Series Pass covers your breakfast, lunch, and break time snacks.
- Are specialty dietary requirements accommodated with the meals at the event?
- Vegetarian options will be provided during each meal.
Sponsors and volunteering
- How do I become a Front sponsor?
- Please contact Wade Shearer for information about sponsorship opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801.368.1971.
- How do I become a Front volunteer?
- To learn more about volunteer opportunities at Front UX & Product Management Workshop Series, please contact Andrew Branch at email@example.com or (801) 885-9206.
Salt Lake City weather and attractions
- What is the weather like in Salt Lake City in November?
- Fall in Salt Lake is a time of transition. Nearby canyons are filled with vibrant colors as the trees prepare for winter, while temperatures remain warm enough for comfortable outdoor recreation. Evenings can be chilly and toward the end of Fall snow is typical in both mountains and valley. The Ski Salt Lake resorts have had enough snow to open as early as Halloween, with typical opening days in mid to late November. Average highs in the valley are in the fifties with lows reaching thirty-five degree fahrenheit.
- What are the local restaurants, attractions, and entertainment in and around the event?
- The Viridian Event Center is in a suburb of Salt Lake City. While surrounded by restaurants, traditional, walkable, city nightlife is 15 miles to the North in downtown. Salt Lake City has many great destinations for food and fun. While the options are too great to list here, we suggest finding more information the city’s official visitors’ website: www.visitsaltlake.com.
- What is the best way to get around Salt Lake City?
- Downtown, UTA TRAX, Salt Lake City's light rail system, is your best option. It's free and frequent. Farther out, the fastest and most convenient option is travel by car (Uber, Lyft, or rental).
Join us at the Front!
Reserve your seat now for the premier UX and Product Management training experience. Design your custom training program now. Whether you’re a beginner or seasoned professional, the Front UX & Product Management Workshop Series will take you and your team to the next level in product design and management.